In ideal situations, the R500 Laser presentation remote can operate up to 65 feet (20 meters) with the receiver in clear sight of the presenter.
If you’re not getting this distance:
- Make sure the battery is good
- Make sure the R500 USB receiver is plugged in properly.
- Make sure the USB receiver and the R500 remote are in direct line of sight of each other
- Make sure there are no wires or dongles connected close to the USB receiver.
- Try connecting via Bluetooth
- Move devices such as cell phones, radios, wireless routers, microwaves, and other devices that emit radio waves or could cause radio interference (RF) away from your work area.
- To determine if your environment is causing shorter than expected ranges, try using your Spotlight presenter in a different environment to see if the distance improves.