If your device stops responding, confirm that the USB receiver is working properly.
The steps below will help to identify if the issue is related to the USB receiver:
- Open Device Manager and make sure your product is listed.
- If the receiver is plugged into a USB hub or extender, try plugging it into a port directly on the computer
- Windows only — try a different USB port. If it makes a difference, try updating the motherboard USB chipset driver.
- If the receiver is Unifying, identified by this logo, open Unifying Software and check if the device is found there.
- If not, follow the steps to connect the device to a Unifying receiver.
- Try using the receiver on a different computer.
- If it’s still not working on the second computer, check Device Manager to see if the device is recognized.
If your product is still not recognized, the fault is most likely related to the USB receiver rather than the keyboard or mouse.