Review the information below regarding cleaning or disinfecting your Tap Controller. We've also included links to some useful information about disinfecting solutions from the CDC and EPA.
Cleaning / Disinfecting your Tap Controller
- To prepare for cleaning the touchscreen, it is recommended that you shut down the meeting room PC. This is simply to prevent unintended actions on the touchscreen.
- Disinfectant / Cleaning solutions that are safe for use with Tap Controllers are listed below these instructions. Avoid highly concentrated alcohol (> 70%), non-diluted bleach, ammonia solutions, or other harsh chemicals, as these may cause discoloration or damage.
- Read the cleaner/disinfectant manufacturer’s instructions carefully. Many manufacturers require surfaces to remain wet for a period of time. Continued gentle wiping may be required.
- Do not spray the Tap controller directly.
- Avoid getting moisture in any openings, including the 3.5mm headset jack.
- Use non-abrasive wet wipes or a lint-free soft cloth sprayed or dampened with cleaner/disinfectant. Remove any excess moisture before wiping.
- Wipe the surfaces dry before resuming use of Tap.
Information from the CDC
More information from the CDC on disinfecting procedures for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) can be found at the link below. For country specific recommendations, please consult your local government guidance.
US EPA-recommended disinfectants
- Clorox Disinfecting Wipes
Reg. No. 5813-79
- Clorox Healthcare Bleach Germicidal Wipes
Reg. No. 67619-12
- Clorox Commercial Solutions Hydrogen Peroxide Cleaner Disinfectant Wipes
Reg. No. 67619-25
- Lonza Disinfectant Wipes
Reg. No. 6836-313
- Lysol Brand Clean & Fresh Multi-Surface Cleaner (20% cleaner solution to water ratio)
Reg. No. 777-89
- Purell Professional Surface Disinfectant Wipes
Reg. No. 84150-1
- Sani-Cloth Prime Germicidal Disposable Wipes
Reg. No. 9480-12
More Information from the EPA
More information from the EPA on recommended disinfectants for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) can be found here: https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registration/list-n-disinfectants-use-against-sars-cov-2
DO NOT use any of the following materials when cleaning/disinfecting Logitech Tap
- Isopropyl Alcohol at concentration > 70%
- Methyl Alcohol or Ethyl Alcohol at concentration > 35%
- Thinner or benzine
- Strong alkali lyes
- Strong solvents
- Detergents with fluoride
- Detergents with ammonia at concentration > 1.6%
- Abrasive cleaners
- Detergents with abrasives
- Formula 409
- Steel wool
- Sponges with abrasives
- Steel blades
- Cloth with steel threads
Logitech Business Support