The Logitech Script DFU software is a tool to update firmware of supported devices. Intended to be used by IT Managers and Administrators.
IMPORTANT: Deployment type should be Install and Available, NOT Required. This will prevent devices becoming unusable during critical work use. For example if the client (user) is in the middle of a presentation, or critical work, they will lose keyboard input during this time.
For easier printing and sharing, a PDF of this process can be found here.
Download Logitech ScriptDFU
Download the Logitech ScriptDFU software from the following link
Download from https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/my/products
Once installed, or if preinstalled, open Composer:
Drag and drop (Copy) logitech_DFU.app File into /usr/local/ folder in your Mac or choose path according to your choice, for example /private/tmp
For this guide we will assume the logitech_DFU.app is placed in /usr/local/ folder
Mac Package Manager
- Drag and drop logitech_DFU.app file from /usr/local/ folder into Composer
- Click on Build as PKG
- Save .pkg under the local folder.
Create a package
- Login to Jamf Pro, Go to Settings -> Computer Management -> Package.
- Create a package, give the required name.
- Click on Choose file and select logitech_dfu.pkg from /local folder (where you saved the .pkg file as mentioned in the Mac Package Manager steps)
- Click Choose for Upload.
Create a script
- Go to Settings > Computer Management > Script.
- Create a script, give the required name and add the following script.
/usr/local/logitech_dfu.app/Contents/MacOS/logitech_dfu --list --available --fw_version --pop-up --wait --timeout 86400 --output /private/tmp/Script_DFU_Output.txt --error /private/tmp/Script_DFU_Error.txt --upgrade_latest
Create a policy
- Go to Computers -> Policy -> Create a new Policy
- Add the created package and script to the Policy and scope it to All computers or required computers.