Certification for the Dell Optiplex 7080 compute in conjunction with the Rally Bar is currently pending, and using this combination before certification may lead to some audio issues and “gray noise”.
There is, however, a manual workaround to fix this “gray noise” issue if you find yourself needing to use the Dell Optiplex 7080 with the Rally Bar, which requires logging into the Windows Administrator user profile.
- When logged into the Administrator profile on the Dell Optiplex 7080, open the Control Panel. Click on “Hardware and Sound”.
- From the Hardware and Sound page, Click “Sound”.
- On the Sound page, click over to the “Recording” tab, click “Echo Cancelling Speakerphone” and then click “Properties”.
- Once on the Echo Cancelling Speakerphone Properties page, click the Advanced tab.
- In the section labeled “Signal Enhancements”, uncheck the box that says “Enable audio enhancements”.
These steps should remove the known “gray noise” issue when pairing the Rally Bar with the Dell Optiplex 7080, but once again please note that this compute is not certified for the Rally Bar and Microsoft Teams Rooms as of yet.