This article will cover how to start using QR codes as part of your flex desk booking.
QR codes can be used as a quick way for people to book a desk while in the office. Rather than having to find the desk they want to book, they simply scan the QR code and it will take them to the reservation screen in Tune Mobile for that desk.
QR codes can also be used as a way to enforce confirmation that a desk is actually being used after it was booked. Thus helping improve the quality of the data over usage and increase desk availability by removing reservations where the user didn't show up.
An article on how to use the QR codes to check in can be found here.
To add QR codes and alter flex desk policies in Logitech Sync you need to be logged in as an administrator in Sync with Admin privileges.
QR code policies
- To show QR codes by default, navigate to Settings -> Desk policy for the area of desks you’re looking to apply QR codes to.
- Enable “Show QR code” reservation to show QR codes on Logi Dock Flex.
- If this settings is disabled the user will need to click a button to expose the QR code.
- Toggle check-in required if you want to require users to confirm their use of the desk by scanning the QR code. If enabled, you can select how much time users will have to confirm their reservation before it’s removed.
- Click apply and confirm the policy changes.
- To export QR codes for the desks, simply navigate to the Inventory, multi-select the desks that you want to export QR codes for and press Print check-in code.
- Sync will generate a print dialogue where you can choose to print the QR codes or export them as a PDF.
- Print the QR codes on a suitable paper or as stickers and put them on the desks.