NOTE: The following information applies to Rally Bar and Rally Bar Mini in USB/Device mode ONLY.
Audio quality can be impacted by several factors including network performance, system, application, or the device itself. To ensure that Rally Bar or Rally Bar Mini is working properly, please follow these easy steps:
- First of all, please make sure the video conferencing application has Rally Bar or Rally Bar Mini selected for both the mics and speakerphone.
- Verify that the network or video conferencing service is not the cause of the video quality issues, by trying a local audio recording application like Windows 10 Voice Recorder (available free on Microsoft Store) and checking the audio quality of the microphone locally
- Then try playing a local audio file through Rally Bar or Rally Bar Mini and verify the speaker sounds good.
- Do you have the latest firmware for Rally Bar or Rally Bar Mini? If not or if you’re not sure, you can download from the Rally Bar or Rally Bar Mini download pages and install it onto the device. The software tool will tell you if you already have the latest firmware installed.
- Ensure the volume level is optimal; adjusting may even correct the issue
- Try a different application: Try another video conferencing or audio application. Many applications even have a test mode to playback audio for testing purposes.
Some additional advanced steps:
You can try adjusting the mic gain volume lower or higher by following these steps:
- For Windows
- Right-click on the speaker icon in the system tray (bottom right), and select “Sounds.”
- Once opened, click “Recording,” right-click on the Rally System microphone and select “Properties” and then “Levels”
- Lastly, adjust the Mic array slider higher and lower to reset the gain
- Click the Apple logo, then click System preferences
- Click Sound, then click the Input tab
- Slide the Input Volume slider higher or lower to reset the gain
If your audio problems persist, please contact technical support.