Battery information for your mouse
- Requires 1 AA alkaline battery
- Expected battery life is up to 12 months
Checking battery status
You can check your mouse battery status using the Logitech SetPoint mouse and keyboard software. See answer 360060800954 for instructions.
Installing a new battery
When you install a new battery in your mouse, make sure it faces the correct direction, as shown below:
Extending battery life
Your mouse enters standby mode to conserve power when it is not in use. Here are some other ways you can help extend the battery life:
- Use only alkaline batteries. Non-alkaline batteries (such as NiMH,or NiCd) operate at a lower voltage and may affect the battery life.
- Avoid using your mouse on dark or transparent surfaces, such as glass. These surfaces cause the optical sensor to use more power.
- Make sure replacement batteries are new and within the manufacturer's expiration date.