This issue is being actively investigated for a permanent resolution.
In some configurations of PC-based video conferencing systems with Logitech Swytch and Rally / Rally Plus, the Rally Camera does not automatically reconnect to the room system PC after multiple uses of Swytch.
Recovery from this requires rebooting the system.
To stop this from happening again in the future, in most cases the issue can be resolved by changing two power-related settings on the room system PC.
Setting Change #1 - Disable “USB Selective Suspend” in Power Options/USB Settings
- Open Settings on the room system PC.
- Click on the “Power & sleep” tab in the menu on the left.
- Under “Related settings” on the right, click the “Additional power settings” link.
- Under “Preferred plans,” click the “Change plan settings” link to the right of “Balanced (recommended).
- Under the “Put the computer to sleep:” dropdown, click the “Change advanced power settings” link.
- Expand “USB settings” by clicking the + button, then expand “USB selective suspend setting.” In the “Setting:” dropdown, select “Disabled,” then click the Apply button on the bottom right of the window.
Setting Change #2 - Do not allow the room system PC to turn off the “Intel USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller” in Device Manager.
- Open Device Manager on the room system PC.
- Expand “Universal Serial Bus controllers” by clicking on the > symbol next to it.
- Select and double-click “Intel USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller” from the list.
- Under the “Power Management” tab, uncheck the box next to “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” and click the OK button at the bottom.