C930e contains two microphones which will also be recognized by your system and made available in your application. Audio quality can be impacted by several factors including network performance, system, application, or the device itself. To ensure that the C930e mics are working properly, please follow these easy steps:
- Are the C930e mics properly selected in your application? Sometimes, the audio can default to a laptop mic, if the computer system has one. Double-check that C930e is the mic device selected in your app, and if you don’t see it listed, please review the steps in “My device is not recognized by my computer system”
- Do you have the latest firmware for C930e? If not or if you’re not sure, you can download from the C930 Downloads page and install it onto the device. The software tool will tell you if you already have the latest firmware installed.
- Ensure the mic level is optimal; adjusting may even correct the issue (see advanced troubleshooting suggestions below).
- Try a different application: Try another video conferencing or audio application. Many applications even have a test mode to playback audio for testing purposes.
- Verify that the network or video conferencing service is not the cause of the audio quality issues, by trying a local audio recording application like Windows 10 Voice Recorder (available free on Microsoft Store) and checking the audio quality of the microphone locally
Some additional advanced steps:
You can try adjusting the mic gain lower or higher by following these steps:
- For Windows
- Right-click on the speaker icon in the system tray (bottom right), and select “Sounds”
- Once you’ve opened “Recording,” right-click on the C930e microphone and select “Properties” and then “Levels”
- Lastly, adjust the Mic array slider higher and lower to reset the gain
- For Mac
- Click the Apple logo, then click System preferences
- Click Sound, then click the Input tab
- Slide the Input Volume slider higher or lower to reset the gain
- Enable/disable processing: Sometimes the audio processing in the video conferencing application can interfere with mic performance. If your application allows you to enable/disable audio processing, take this step to evaluate if it makes a difference
- If your audio problems persist, please contact technical support