Audio quality can be impacted by several factors including network performance, system, application, or the device itself. To ensure that the P710e is working properly, please follow these easy steps:
- Please make sure the conferencing application has P710e selected for both the mics and speakerphone.
- Do you have the latest firmware for P710e? If not or if you’re not sure, you can download from the P710e download page and install it onto device. The software tool will tell you if you already have the latest firmware installed.
- Verify that the network or conferencing service is not the cause of the audio quality issues, by trying a local audio recording application like Windows 10 Voice Recorder and checking the audio quality of the microphone locally, then try playing a local audio file through the P710e and verify the speaker sounds good
- Ensure the volume level is optimal; adjusting may even correct the issue
- Try a different application: Try another conferencing or audio application. Many applications even have a test mode to playback audio for testing purposes.
Some additional advanced steps:
You can try adjusting the mic gain volume lower or higher by following these steps:
- For Windows
- Right-click on the speaker icon in the system tray (bottom right), and select “Sounds.”
- Once opened, click “Recording,” right-click on the P710e microphone and select “Properties” and then “Levels”
- Lastly, adjust the Mic array slider higher and lower to reset the gain
- For Mac
- Click the Apple logo, then click System preferences
- Click Sound, then click the Input tab
- Slide the Input Volume slider higher or lower to reset the gain
Enable/disable processing: Sometimes the audio processing in the video conferencing application can interfere with speakerphone performance. If your application allows you to enable/disable audio processing, take this step to evaluate if it makes a difference
Lastly, you could try P710e in a different room and see if the performance changes. In particular, rooms with less reverberant surfaces (glass walls, tile or concrete floors, for example) may produce different results. This may not help with the room you are using P710e in, but could inform if this is the issue.