JOIN ANY MEETING FROM ANY ROOM
With a single USB connection, Logitech Swytch links a laptop to the room’s display, camera, and audio devices. Now, people can use meeting rooms with any video conferencing software, webinar platform, or streaming service.
INSTALLATION (Room System + Swytch)
- Front of Room: TV + PC + ConferenceCam + Swytch Hub (A) collocated
- Table: Logitech Tap and Swytch Extender (B) typically distanced apart to minimize confusion between activities.
INSTALLING SWITCH WITH A ROOM SOLUTION
With an existing Room System, the front of room display (TV) and Logitech ConferenceCam are already
connected directly to the meeting room PC via HDMI and USB cables respectively. Logitech Swytch Hub is
installed in-line for these connections.
- Power down the complete room system including Meeting Room PC, Display(s), Camera and Audio devices.
- At the meeting room PC, disconnect one HDMI connected display from the meeting room PC, then connect the HDMI cable to Swytch Hub HDMI (TV)
- At the meeting room PC, disconnect the ConferenceCam USB-A from the meeting room PC, then connect it to Swytch Hub USB-A (A/V) port
- Use the HDMI cable included with Swytch to connect HDMI output from the meeting room PC to Swytch Hub HDMI (PC)
- Use the USB cable (2m/6ft) included with Swytch to connect USB-A from the meeting room PC to Swytch Hub USB-C (PC)
- Use the USB cable (5m/16ft) included with Swytch to connect USB-C from the Swytch Hub USB-C (EXT) to the Swytch Extender USB-A.
- Route and Connect the Swytch Connector (Y) Cable to Swytch Extender USB Type C and Micro-B ports.
- Connect the power supply to Swytch Hub
- Connect the power supply to Swytch Extender
- Close and secure the Swytch Extender
- Boot / Power on the room solution
- Logitech Swytch Hub and Swytch Extender can be extended further using Logitech Strong USB 10m(33ft) and 25m(82ft) between Swytch Hub and Extender.
- Swytch Hub is compatible with the Logitech PC Mount (sold separately). This can be used to further secure all of the Swytch Hub Connections
- Swytch Extender have built-in cable retention and may be mounted or placed in a variety of ways
- Grommet Mount
- Below Table using included screws / No Grommet
- Cable Well (no tools required)
- Discreet AV components (Camera / Mic / Speaker) using a high quality USB 3.0 powered hub.
- Room Solutions that include Dual Display - only one will be connected to Swytch, the second display will remain directly connected to the meeting room PC. This is by design to ensure ease of use for laptop users of Logitech Swytch.
BEFORE USING SWYTCH
Set the default devices in your Room System. It is important to do this to ensure that when your preferred
or default devices always return to the Room System
- Microsoft Teams Room
- This is normally done as part of the initial setup of a Microsoft Teams Room Console
- Google Meet Room
- As part of managing your Google Meet Hardware, Set Default Peripherals
- Zoom Room
- This can be done directly on the console during setup or remotely through Zoom Web Portal. Full instructions.
Logitech Swytch integrates DisplayLink Plug and Display technology to enable up to 4K 60FPS display and camera through a single USB Connection. To enable this on users laptops requires a driver installation.
It is strongly recommended to push or pre-install these drivers on user’s laptops throughout your organization or site.
Installing DisplayLink Drivers
Download the driver from https://www.displaylink.com/downloads/corporate and use the MSI Installer
You can find more details on deploying here
Video on deploying with SCCM, https://youtu.be/gpp9Hx-hiro
Video on deploying with Intune, https://youtu.be/6CLHflw_MsY
Download the driver from https://www.displaylink.com/downloads/macos. Make sure to download the MacOS App version, NOT the Graphics software version (This is a kernel level driver that requires more effort to deploy and is not as secure as the App version)
Video on deploying with JAMF, https://youtu.be/uBwyh8riMyU