If you have connected your Logi Bolt compatible keyboard and/or mouse using the included Logi Bolt receiver and experience issues, here are some troubleshooting suggestions:
NOTE: If you are experiencing issues using Bluetooth together with your Logi Bolt compatible keyboard and/or mouse, please check here for more help.
- Connection drops
- Device doesn’t wake up computer after sleep
- Device is laggy
- Delay when using the device
- Device cannot be connected at all
- Low battery level
- Plugging the receiver into a USB hub or other unsupported device such as a KVM switch
NOTE: Your receiver must be plugged directly into your computer.
- Using your wireless keyboard on metal surfaces
- Radiofrequency (RF) interference from other sources, such as wireless speakers, cell phones, and so on
- Windows USB port power settings
- Potential hardware issue (device, batteries, or receiver)
Troubleshooting Logi Bolt devices
- Verify the Logi Bolt receiver is connected directly to the computer and not to a dock, hub, extender, switch, or something similar.
- Move the Logi Bolt keyboard or mouse closer to the Logi Bolt receiver.
- If your Logi Bolt receiver is in the back of your computer, it may help to relocate the Logi Bolt receiver to a front port.
- Keep other electrical wireless devices, such as phones or wireless access points, away from the Bolt receiver to avoid interference.
- Unpair/repair on Windows using the steps found here.
- Unpair/repair on macOS using the steps found here.
- Update the firmware for your device if available.
- Windows only — check if there are any Windows updates running in the background that may cause the delay.
- Mac only — check if there are any background updates that may cause the delay.
- Try on a different computer.
You can find troubleshooting steps for issues with your Logitech Bluetooth device here.