With the CollabOS 1.5 release, admins can upload a custom wallpaper for the display in room systems with Rally Bar or Rally Bar Mini deployed in BYOD mode. The image can include setup instructions that match your unique room configuration, other useful instructions, corporate logo and branding, and so on.
What you need to get started:
- Rally Bar or Rally Bar Mini running CollabOS 1.5 or higher
- Device set to BYOD as the service provider
- Logitech Sync account
Configure or upload wallpaper using Logitech Sync
Log in to Sync Portal using the same organization that was used to provision the device.
Select Inventory, then select your device
- On the Device page select System > BYOD default screen
Select Custom > Choose image
Click Upload New then select the file on your computer and click Confirm
- Note: You can upload up to 4 images into Sync
- Supported formats: JPEG or PNG with maximum file size of 10 MB
Recommended image dimensions: 1920 x 1080 pixels; 16:9 aspect ratio recommended for best results
- Selected wallpaper preview will be shown in Sync portal
- The display will show the uploaded image within a couple of minutes
Configure or change wallpaper on CollabOS device settings
Open Device Settings and select System > Service provider
Ensure that BYOD Mode is set as the service provider
Choose from available wallpapers or upload via Sync Portal
- Display will reflect the newly selected wallpaper
Additional things to note:
- When two displays are connected, the same wallpaper will appear on both displays.
- If a Logitech Tap (USB) is connected to a supported device, it too will show the same wallpaper as the displays in the front of the room.
When the device is in use, displays will show the laptop’s content instead of the wallpaper image. Additionally, if a Tap (USB) controller is connected and the system is in use, it will show call controls.
Known issues with CollabOS 1.5.554
- Some images with resolution of 5040 × 2160 or less and file size of 10 MB or smaller are failing to upload. This is a known issue that will be resolved in an upcoming update.