Sync Admin Guide > 3. Personal Devices > 3.3 Dashboard
Sync now allows you to manage employees’ personal work devices; specifically B2B webcams, headsets, docks, mice and keyboards when the Logi Tune desktop app is downloaded on employee computers through the Logi Tune Provision Package in Sync. Instructions on how to do this can be found below.
Some Logitech devices are able to be managed in Sync while others are currently only able to be monitored. Monitored devices allow you to see that they are connected/disconnected from your system. Managed devices allow you to see the same monitoring information plus update the device's firmware and change any related device settings.
An updated list of Logitech and third-party devices that can be managed or monitored in Sync can be found here.
Note: Mice and keyboards can be monitored in Logi Tune and Sync, but currently must use Logi Options+ for device firmware updates.
After installing the Logi Tune desktop app onto employee computers you will be able to:
- Get a snapshot of which devices employees use on a day-to-day basis.
- View device details such as the status of firmware.
- Remotely publish firmware versions to groups of users.
- Begin at sync.logitech.com
- Sign in to your account or sign up.
- Download the Logi Tune Provision Package from the Bulk Provisioning tab in the System page.
- Use the provisioning package to install the Logi Tune desktop app on all employee computers for which you want visibility.
Features and Functionality
Viewing Devices and Details
Once Logi Tune has been installed on employee computers, you can view all of the provisioned computers in the "Personal Devices Inventory" as shown below.
- Select an individual computer in the inventory to view devices connected to that computer.
- Next, select an individual device to view details, such as firmware version.
Viewing Usage Data
- Go to the "Personal Devices Dashboard" for a snapshot of which devices have been used within the last 90 days.
- Drill down into individual groups within your organization for more detail.
Publishing Updates (not currently available for mice and keyboards)
- Go to the "Personal Devices Dashboard" for a snapshot of the status of all devices—how many are up to date and whether updates are available.
- Select a specific device to manage its firmware version.
On the "Bulk device management" screen, you can:
- Manage the available version of firmware for your selected group of devices.
- See what is currently available and view the adoption rate within the group.
- Publish new versions to the selected group of devices, when a new version is available.
When you publish a new firmware or software version to a group of devices:
- Each employee will be prompted by a Logi Tune notification to update their device, and they will continue to be prompted daily until the device has been updated.
- Employees can continue to use the device. However, if they have not responded to prompts within two weeks, the Logi Tune app will become locked — and will remain locked until the device has been updated.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of keeping Logitech personal devices up to date?
Firmware updates ensure the performance of the Logitech webcams, headsets, and Logi Dock by improving their functionality, features, and stability. This is especially important because personal devices are often in remote locations like home offices, making issues more difficult to troubleshoot.
What types of personal devices can I manage with Sync?
Sync supports Logitech’s portfolio of business webcams and headsets, as well as Logi Dock. Refer to this updated list of supported devices.
What is Logi Tune and why do I need to install the app onto personal computers in order to manage personal devices with Sync?
Logi Tune is an end-user software application for personalizing the settings of Logitech webcams, headsets, and Logi Dock. Logi Tune has been updated to connect to Sync. This enables remote visibility of personal collaboration devices and the ability to publish firmware updates to your users.
Should I ask my employees to install Logi Tune on their own rather than using the bulk provisioning package?
The bulk provisioning package allows Logi Tune to connect with your Sync organization. It contains software that cannot be installed directly by employees. You can encourage employees to download and use Logi Tune; however, you will still need to deploy the provisioning package to connect Logi Tune to Sync.
Are all devices that are compatible with Logi Tune supported by Sync?
No. Sync is enterprise IT device management software and thus only supports Logitech personal devices designed for business use. Refer to this updated list of supported devices.
Can Sync manage devices connected to mobile phones that have the Logi Tune mobile app installed?
No. Currently Sync integrates only with the desktop version of Logi Tune to manage personal devices.
What happens if Sync hasn’t connected with Logi Tune on a personal computer for an extended period of time?
If a Sync is unable to communicate with a personal computer for more than 30 days, any devices associated with that computer will no longer appear in Sync.
Can my managed service provider (MSP) also leverage Sync’s management features?
Yes. Sync’s multi-tenancy feature makes it easy for MSPs to use Sync to manage supported devices, both for meeting rooms and personal workspaces.
Can Sync be used to remotely see or listen in on conversations through webcams and headsets connected to personal computers?
No. Sync does not have the ability to turn on webcams or listen in on audio input or output from headsets or Logi Dock.
What type of system and personal device information does Sync collect from Logi Tune?
We collect a very minimal amount of data from Logi Tune. The only data captured includes:
- Computer name
- Computer serial number
- Connected device product ID, firmware version, Last seen timestamp
- Logi Tune app version
Does this new functionality allow device management tools from service providers, such as Teams admin center or Zoom Device Management, to manage Logitech personal devices?
No. Managing Logitech personal devices is a feature unique to Sync through the integration with Logi Tune.
How long do I have to wait between requesting access to the personal device management feature and getting access?
You may experience a wait time of up to 4 weeks before getting access, depending on the level of interest from users and feedback.
How much does access to the personal device management features cost?
The feature to manage personal devices is provided at no additional cost to Logitech customers using Sync.