You can use provisioning codes to simplify the process of adding CollabOS devices to Sync. To add a CollabOS device to Sync using a provisioning code, you will first need to generate a code in Sync Portal and then enter the code when asked in:
- Local Network Access (for more information on enabling LNA, see the article Local Network Access)
- (coming soon) On-device out-of-box setup experience
- (coming soon) On-device settings
What you need to get started:
- Device running CollabOS 1.6 or higher
Generating a Sync provisioning code
There are two ways to generate a provisioning code in Sync Portal:
- When creating a new room
- With an existing room
How to generate a provisioning code when creating a new room
- Navigate to Inventory in the Meeting Rooms tab.
- Click Add room near the top right corner.
- Select Empty room.
- Enter a Room Name and then select Create. (Note: Seat Count is optional)
- Once the room is created, navigate to that room in your meeting room Inventory and the provisioning code will be shown.
If no code appears when viewing the room, click Generate code.
How to generate a provisioning code with an existing room
- Navigate to the room you want in your meeting room Inventory.
- Select the kebab menu (፧) in the top right corner.
- Click Room provisioning code and a box with a code will be shown.
If no code appears after clicking Room provisioning code, click Generate code.