What you need to get started:
- Rally Bar, Rally Bar Mini, RoomMate, Tap IP, or Tap Scheduler running CollabOS 1.5 or higher
- The device must have an Ethernet network (recommended) or Wi-Fi connection
- Network proxy configuration is available during device setup and in device settings.
Proxy settings can be configured remotely using Local Network Access.
Configure your system to use a proxy one of the following ways:
- Automatic: Specify only the proxy credentials (if needed). Using DHCP, your system obtains a URL to automatically download a proxy auto-configuration (PAC) file.
- Semi-automatic: Specify the proxy credentials and URL for automatically downloading a PAC file.
- Manual: Specify the proxy address, port, and credentials. (This method lets you configure your system with only one proxy.)
Configure device to use a proxy in one of the following ways:
- Automatic (PAC): Specify the proxy credentials and URL for automatically downloading a PAC file.
- Manual: Set up the proxy server address and port manually.
To define the best option in CollabOS on-device settings:
- Go to System > Connectivity.
- Choose wired or wireless connection based on your setup.
- In the right menu you can scroll down to the section PROXY DETAILS and verify the current configuration.
- The Proxy Settings configuration is part of the Network configuration. To start it, select Reset Ethernet settings.
- Select the option Manual setup and fill the fields for the company's network until you get into the Proxy configuration page.
- Select to insert the Proxy configuration and select one of the following options:
- Auto (PAC): For the Auto (PAC) configuration, insert the required PAC Address. Username and password are optional.
- Manual: For the Manual configuration, insert the required Server Address and Proxy Port. Username and password are optional.
- The system will try to establish the connection and confirm if successful.