This is a guide to mass install and configure the Logi Options+ software remotely on Windows and macOS computers so you can easily outfit your entire workforce with the software.
Logi Options+ software can be mass deployed remotely using popular deployment tools including SCCM, Intune and Jamf with the below installers. It can also be configured to disable features as you deem fit using the below command line parameters.
Parameters for the installer to install, uninstall, update and enable/disable features
You can use the following parameters to enable/disable certain features of the app during installation, install updates and uninstall the app.
|Parameter Name(case insensitive)||Allowed Values(case insensitive)||Description|
|/quiet||Needs to be specified for silent installation||Add in the command line to install silently without any UI. By default, when the parameter is not present, UI is shown. Parameter is a MUST for silent installation|
|/analytics||yes (or) no||Determines whether usage and diagnostics analytics data should be sent to Logitech. Default: yes (enabled)|
|/flow||yes (or) no||Determines whether the Flow feature needs to be enabled or disabled. Default: yes (enabled)|
|/sso||yes (or) no||Determines whether single sign-on needs to be enabled or disabled for users to be able to sign in and have their peripheral settings be backed to the cloud. Default: yes (enabled)|
|/update||yes (or) no||Determines whether updates need to be installed automatically or not. Default: yes (enabled)|
|/uninstall||Needs to be specified for uninstallation||Add in the command line to uninstall the software|
|/log <directory path>||Needs to be specified to collect logs||Add in the command line to capture logs during installation or uninstallation the software|
Yes (or) No
|/help||Needs to be specified||Enter to see the list of available parameters|
Examples: (run CMD under Admin rights)
- Install the software silently and disable analytics, single sign-on and automatic updates - logioptionsplus_installer.exe /quiet /analytics no /sso no /update no
- Uninstall the software silently - logioptionsplus_installer.exe /uninstall /quiet
Steps to deploy Options+ on Windows
Steps to deploy Options+ using SCCM
Step 1 : Create an Application:
- In the Configuration Manager console, choose Software Library > Application Management > Applications
Right click Applications and select Create Application
- Select Manually specify the application information > Next
Enter details about the Application > Next
- Here we can select language add an icon for the application and we can highlight this app in Software Center >Next
- Click Add to manually configure the deployment types
- Choose manually specify the deployment type information >Next
- Enter the name of the application >Next
- Specify the folder and Content file location for the exe file and specify the command that will be used during the installation.
Install command: logioptionsplus_installer.exe /quiet
Uninstall command: logioptionsplus_installer.exe /uninstall
quiet - does installation silently without User Interface
analytics - Yes / No - Enables/disables analytics
flow - Yes / No.- Enables/disables flow feature
sso - Yes / No - Enables/disables SSO
update - Yes / No - Enables/disables auto update feature.
log <directory path> -
Example: logioptionsplus_installer.exe /quiet /analytics Yes /flow Yes /sso No /update Yes /log c:\temp\optionsplus.log
- Click Add Clause
- Here we specify the detection method which checks if the application file exists on the specified location. This will indicate software is installed successfully. You can use a test computer to make sure the specified location is correct.
- Set install behavior this for system >Next
- No requirements >Next
- No dependencies >Next
- Close the wizard> Next> Close the wizard.
Now you can distribute the Application and deploy to your collections
Step 2: Application deployment steps:
- In the Configuration Manager console, choose Software Library Application Management > Applications ,Right click the Options application and click Deploy
- Click Browse and specify the collection as All Systems. Click Next.
- To add the Distribution Points, click in Add and choose your distribution point.
- Choose Action as “Install” and Purpose as “Required“
- Select the Installation deadline “as soon as possible“. Click Next
- For the User Notifications, select Display in the Software Center and all notifications. Click next
- Click Next > Next > Finish.
Step 3: Troubleshooting:
Check the log files from c:\temp\optionsplus.log (You should mention the path in installation commands otherwise you can’t get log files)
Steps to deploy Options+ using Intune
Step 1: Gather Softwares
- Download Logitech options software from the following Link
- Create a new folder in c: (c:\optionsplus) move the file in to that folder
- Download the Microsoft Content Prep Tool (IntuneWinAppUtil.exe) https://github.com/Microsoft/Microsoft-Win32-Content-Prep-Tool
- Create a new folder in c:\IntuneWinAppUtil ,Then Extract the downloaded zip file and copy the IntuneWinAppUtil.exe file into the c:\IntuneWinAppUtil folder.
Step 2: Create the Intunewin file
- Open a CMD prompt with the administrator and navigate to the folder you copied the Intune Win32 Content prep tool in. ex: c:\IntuneWinAppUtil.
- Run the IntuneWinAppUtil.exe command and fill in the following information;
Source folder: c:\Optionsplus
Setup file: logioptionsplus_installer.exe
Output folder: C:\Optionsplus
Specify the Catalog folder: No
In a few seconds the .intunewin file is created C:\Optionsplus\logioptionsplus_installer.intunewin)
Step 3: Upload file in Intune Portal:
- Log into your Intune portal.
- Go to Apps
3. Click on All Apps.
4. Add a new App.
5. Under others, choose Windows-app (Win32), then click Select.
6. Add the App Package file, this is the logioptionsplus_installer.intunewin file that you created above.
7. Add the App Information, you can customize this as needed
8. In Program, make the following changes:
(a)Install command: logioptionsplus_installer.exe /quiet /analytics Yes /flow Yes /sso No /update Yes /log c:\temp\optionsplus.log
(b)Uninstall command: logioptionsplus_installer.exe /uninstall
(c)Install behavior: System.
(d)Device restart behavior: No specific actions.
(e) Return code: Leave as default
- x64 architecture
- Windows 10 1607
10. Detection rules : Create a manually configured detection rule -Click Add
- Rule Type: File
- Path: C:\Program Files\LogiOptionsPlus
- File: logioptionsplus.exe
- Detection Method: File or Folder exists
Click Next > Next > Next (Dependencies & Supersedence - Should be blank )
- Add it to the required group.
- Make sure to hide all Toast Notifications.
- Click Next > Create.
Step 4: Verify Install:
- Go to the Apps List
- Drill Down into the Application you just created
- Click on Device Install Status
- Check for any failed systems.
Step 5: Troubleshooting:
Drill down into the Managed Apps for the failed system
1.Go To Devices > All Devices > Select the computer that failed and then select Managed Apps
2.Click on collect Logs and enter the path c:\windows\Temp\logioptionsplus.log
In a few minutes the log file will be ready to download
3. Check the log files from c:\temp\optionsplus.log (You should mention the path in installation commands otherwise you can’t get log files)
Steps to deploy Options+ on macOS
Steps to deploy Options+ using Intune
Ensure that the following prerequisites are met when composing shell scripts and assigning them to macOS devices
- Devices are running macOS 10.13 or later.
- Devices are managed by Intune.
- Shell scripts begin with #! and must be in a valid location such as #!/bin/sh or #!/usr/bin/env zsh.
- Command-line interpreters for the applicable shells are installed.
- Download Options+ (Sh script) from the following link
Create and assign a shell script policy
- Sign in to the Microsoft Endpoint Manager Admin Center.
- Select Devices > macOS > Shell scripts > Add.
- In Basics, enter the following properties, and select Next:
- Name: Enter a name for the shell script.
- Description: Enter a description for the shell script.
- In Script settings, enter the following properties, and select Next:
- Upload script: Browse to the shell script.
- Run script as signed-in user: NO
- Hide script notifications on devices: Yes
- Script frequency: Select how often the script is to be run. Choose Not configured (default) to run a script only once.
- Max number of times to retry if script fails: Select how many times the script should be run if it returns a non-zero exit code (zero meaning success).
- In-Scope tags, optionally add scope tags for the script, and select Next.
- Select Assignments > Select groups to include.
- In Review + add, a summary is shown of the settings you configured. Select Add to save the script. When you select Add, the script policy is deployed to the groups you chose.
The script you created now appears in the list of scripts.
Monitor a shell script policy
You can monitor the run status of all assigned scripts for users and devices by choosing one of the following reports:
- Scripts > select the script to monitor > Device status
- Scripts > select the script to monitor > User status
You can collect device logs to help troubleshoot script issues on macOS devices.
Go to the folder:
/private/tmp/com.logi.optionsplus.installer.logs ( The log directory can be changed by passing `--log` argument )
We can configure Options+ with the arguments supported by the installer. To do this. The following line from the script needs to be updated with proper arguments
Enable analytics, disable flow feature.
$install_command --quiet –analytics Yes –flo No
Steps to deploy Options+ using Jamf
Step 1: Download LogioptionsPlus App
Step 2: Mac Package Manager : Composer
Open Composer App Or Download from : https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/my/products
- Drag and drop LogiOptions+ app installer from download folder into /usr/local folder (choose path according to company’s choice example:/private/tmp)
- Drag and drop LogiOptions+ app installer from /usr/local folder into Composer app.
- Click on “Build as PKG” .
- Select /usr/local local folder to save the ‘Build PKG’ File.
Step 3 : Create a Package (JAMF PRO)
- Go to Computer Management in JAMF PRO and Click on Packages
- Add a new Package
- On General Tab
Category: Logitech Software
Filename: Browse to the PKG you build in composer and saved in /usr/local
- Save the Package
Step 4 : Create a Script
- Go Settings/Computer Management and Click on Scripts
- Add a new script.
- On General Tab
Display Name: Logi Options Plus
Category: Logitech Software
- Add the script -
<directory path to installer>/logioptionsplus_installer.app/Contents/MacOS/logioptionsplus_installer --quiet – log <directory_path_of_your_choice> --analytics No --flow No --sso No
- Example if installer path is /usr/local/ and log file needs to be stored in /private/tmp :
/usr/local/logioptionsplus_installer.app/Contents/MacOS/logioptionsplus_installer --quiet –log /private/tmp --analytics No --flow No --sso No
- On Options Tab
(Ensure Priority is set to After)
- Save the Script
Step 5 : Create Policy
- Under Computers Goto Policies.
- On General:
Display Name: LogiOptionsPlus
Category: Logitech Software
Trigger: Recurring Check-in
Frequency: The package should be installed once per computer.
- Go to Packages & Configure a new Package > Add the LogiOptionsPlus package you created earlier in step 3.
- Action should be Install.
- Go to Scripts and Configure a new Script > Add the Logi Options Plus script you created earlier in step 4.
- Make sure the Priority is set for After.
- Set your Scope and Self Service Options specific to your needs and Save the Policy.