User Types | Add a User | Edit Settings | Download Data | Delete
Sync Admin Guide > 4. System Settings > 4.1 Users
User account role types and permissions
This user can add/remove rooms and add/remove users from their organization.
This user can add rooms/remove rooms from their organization, but cannot manage users.
This user cannot make any changes. They cannot add/remove rooms or users and cannot modify settings.
This user can add/remove rooms and add/remove users from their organization. Used to differentiate from internal users.
This user can only add new rooms. They cannot remove rooms, change settings, or manage users.
Sync Administration by Role
|Task||Owner||Admin||Read Only||3rd party||Installer|
|Configure user access control (access to groups)||✔||X||X||✔||X|
|Change user settings (i.e. role)||✔||X||X||✔||X|
|Change room settings||✔||✔||X||✔||X|
|Change room group||✔||✔||X||✔||X|
|Add devices to Sync tenant||✔||✔||X||✔||✔|
|Remove devices from Sync tenant||✔||✔||X||✔||X|
|Change device settings||✔||✔||X||✔||X|
|Download device data||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|See if updates are available for devices||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Apply updates on devices||✔||✔||X||✔||X|
|Add update channels||✔||✔||X||✔||X|
|Remove update channels||✔||✔||X||✔||X|
|Change update channels settings||✔||✔||X||✔||X|
|View Insights data (from Insights home page)||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Download Insights data (from Insights home page)||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|View Insights data (from room view)||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Download Insights data (from room view)||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Configure Alerts > Email Notification settings||✔||X||X||✔||X|
|Configure Alerts > Service Now integration settings||✔||X||X||✔||X|
Add a User
Adding a user is done by invitation to a user email address. When adding a new user they must be assigned a role. Different roles have different functions and permissions with the Sync Portal.
Create, edit and manage user accounts in Sync.
- Open the following link: https://sync.logitech.com/login and enter admin email and password to login.
- Go to System.
- Click on Users.
It is recommended that at least 2 "Owner" roles are assigned to different users in an Organization. This will minimize issues around Sync Portal permissions if an owner leaves an organization.
Note: "Owner" and "3rd party" roles have equivalent permissions within the Sync Portal.
- Click on “Add a User.”
- Enter the required information.
- New User Email
- Email account of the new user
- Assign Role
- After entering the required information, click on the Send invitation button.
- Ask the user to open their mailbox to check if they received the invitation email.
- The user will need to click on the Join the team button.
- The user will need to enter the required information and complete the activation.
A user’s settings can be edited by selecting the user from the list of users in the organization and viewing their profile, or by clicking the edit settings (sliders) icon next to the user’s name.
An "Owner" or "3rd party" role can edit another user’s role after they have been added to the organization. A user cannot edit their own role.
- eg. An "Admin" can be made an "Owner", by another "Owner" or "3rd party Role."
- Go to the Users menu.
- You will see the list of users available on the tenant.
- To select the user that you want to check or modify, click on the user name.
- You will see the information of the user. You have two options you can change:
- If you want to promote or demote the user rights, select the corresponding role.
- Leave Organization
- With this option you can restrict the access to the Sync tenant from the selected user.
You can define access control for users that have the "Admin," "Installer," and "Read Only" roles. You can not define access control for users that have the "Owner" role. You must be an Owner to set definitions. Click on the selected user in the list and define access by checking or removing the checkboxes in the right-hand pane.
This is available to all roles. User data can be downloaded in bulk or individually in .csv file format with the following fields, per user:
- Family name
- Given name
- [User] Created at [date:time]
- [User] Updated at [date:time]
An ‘Owner’ or ‘3rd party’ role can delete another user from the organization.
- Go to the users menu.
- You will see the list of the users available on the tenant.
- Check the user that you want to delete.
- Click on the “Delete” button.
- Accept the confirmation to delete the user. Click on “Yes, I’m sure”
Back to Top | Next Article - 4.2 Bulk Provisioning