If you have plugged the USB receiver into a USB port, and after several minutes the device is not recognized in the system or doesn’t show up in your applications, use the following steps to determine whether it is a connection issue rather than problems with your hardware:
- Check your setup — is the connection plugged in securely and correctly?
- Try a different USB port — sometimes a USB port on your system may have an issue.
- Try a different device — does Zone Vibe Wireless work fine on another system?
- If connected through an adapter or USB hub, try plugging directly into a USB port — some external hubs or extenders may not have adequate power or specifications to support your device.
- Try to reboot your device.
- Open Device Manager to check that the driver is properly installed. To access Device Manager:
- Click the Windows Start icon and type “Device Manager” in the search bar.
- In Device Manager click Sound, video and game controllers and confirm that Zone Vibe Wireless is listed.
- If your headset is not listed, check if Windows Update is enabled. Windows Update is a Microsoft Service that automatically downloads and installs updates over the internet to the operating system.
- To check the Windows Update settings:
- Click the Windows Start icon and type "Windows Update" in the search field. Make sure Windows Update is enabled.
NOTE: Windows Update settings may be controlled by the Administrator of your system if you work in a professional or corporate environment. You may need to contact your IT department for help.
- Select the Apple icon at the top left of the screen.
- Select About this Mac in the drop-down menu, and then System Report in the pop-up box.
- In System Report, if the headset is properly recognized, it will be listed under Audio as Zone Vibe Wireless.