- Requires 2 AA alkaline batteries
- Expected battery life is up to 36 months
Extending battery life
Although your MK545 keyboard and mouse have a standby mode to conserve power when not in use, there are other ways you can help extend the battery duration of your devices:
- Avoid using your mouse on dark or transparent surfaces such as glass. These surfaces cause the optical sensor to use more power.
- Use only alkaline batteries. Non-alkaline batteries, such as NiMH, or NiCd, operate at a lower voltage and may negatively impact your battery life.
Installing new keyboard batteries
Install the batteries for your keyboard by making sure the batteries face the correct direction as shown in the image below.
Battery replacement tips
- For best battery performance, always use quality alkaline batteries.
- When replacing batteries, make sure the replacement batteries are new and are within the manufacturer's expiration date.
- Do not mix old and new batteries.
- Do not mix batteries of different brands.