Introduction to Flow
Logitech Flow allows you to use and control multiple computers seamlessly.
You can switch to another computer by simply moving your cursor to the edge of the screen. You can also effortlessly transfer text, images, or files between computers — just copy on one and paste to the other.
You can even use Flow between Windows and macOS.
Setting up Flow
Setting up Logitech Flow is quick and easy. To set up Flow:
- Download and Install Logi Options+ — Download and install Logi Options+ on your computers.
- Pair your mouse to the computers — Logitech Flow uses Logitech Easy-Switch™ technology to switch between your computers. You need to pair your mouse via the USB receiver or Bluetooth on different channels (1, 2, and 3) to your computers. You can find instructions to pair your mouse to a computer here. You can use two or three different computers on your Logitech Flow configuration.
- Connect computers to the same network — Make sure all your computers are connected to the same wireless or wired network. In office environments, where network ports can be blocked, you might need to talk to your network administrator in case Logitech Flow cannot establish a connection.
- Set up Logitech Flow — When you set up Logitech Flow, your computer will find other computers on the network that are paired to the same mouse. Please wait for the connection process to take place so you can start using Logitech Flow. If other computers could not be found on your network, you might need to enable Logitech Flow on your other computer(s) — make sure you have an active internet connection for the initial connection to be established.
If you have problems during the setup process, please refer to the troubleshooting section below.
After setting up Logitech Flow, you can automatically switch between computers just by moving your mouse cursor to the edge of the screen. To change the behavior of Flow to your specific needs, you can customize it from the Flow tab in the app.
You can enable or disable Flow whenever you like. Your computer arrangement and preferences won't be lost. This is ideal if you want to temporarily disable Logitech Flow.
Manage your computers
You can rearrange your computer setup to match your desktop layout by dragging and dropping them to the desired position.
Logitech Flow supports two or three computers, depending on how many Easy-Switch devices your mouse supports. You can add an additional computer by clicking on the Add Computer button. Make sure to follow the setup process for each computer before clicking the add computers button.
Click the more options button for each computer to disable or remove it.
- Disable — temporarily disables a computer until you re-enable it. This is ideal if you don't want to temporarily automatically switch to this computer.
- Remove — permanently removes a computer from Logitech Flow. You won't be able to automatically switch to it. Your mouse will still be paired to your computer, so you can still use your mouse’s Easy-Switch™ button to switch to it.
Switch between computers
- Move to the edge — switch between computers just by reaching the edge of the screen.
- Hold Ctrl and move to the edge — switch between computers by holding the Ctrl key on your keyboard and moving to the edge of the screen with your mouse cursor.
Copy and Paste
With copy and paste enabled, you can copy text, images, and files from one computer and paste them on another. Just copy the content you want on one computer, switch to another computer using Logitech Flow, and paste the content. Transferring content and files depends on your network speed. Large-sized images or files might take minutes to be transferred.
Note: Certain file types, which can be opened on one system, might not be supported on another if the application that supports it is not installed.
Note: Dragging files from one computer to drop on another is not supported by Logitech Flow.
With a compatible Logitech keyboard, you can have the best Logitech Flow experience. If you have a Logitech Flow supported keyboard, you'll be able to link it to your mouse so it follows your mouse when you switch to another computer. Your keyboard will be available in the drop-down list if it's paired to your Logitech Flow computers.
Note: Make sure your keyboard is paired and listed as a device. In case it's not listed, try switching between computers and re-launching the app.
Logitech Flow supported keyboards: You can find a list of Logitech Flow supported keyboards here.
Troubleshooting FlowI get a message saying that Logitech Flow was unable to find or establish a connection to other computers, what can I do?
Logitech Flow relies on your network for its initial configuration and regular use. Follow the steps below to start using Logitech Flow:
- Make sure your mouse shows up on Options+ on all computers.
- Make sure that your computers are connected to the same network.
- Make sure that the Options+ communication channel is not blocked by any firewall or antivirus application.
- Make sure that you have a working internet connection.
- Make sure that you have enabled Flow on all computers.
Note: Logitech Flow uses the network to link multiple (up to three) computers and allow them to share a mouse and keyboard. To accomplish this, Flow uses a fixed UDP port (59870) to listen for and discover other computers that are on the same subnet and can ping each other using UDP broadcasts.
How do I pair my mouse to another computer?
To learn how to pair your mouse to different computers, please visit our ProSupport page to find specific connection information for your device.
I keep switching to the other computer by mistake when I reach the edge
Enable the Hold Ctrl and move to the edge option on Options+. This will allow you to have more control and switch only when your keyboard Ctrl key is down and you reach the designated edge.
When my computer goes to sleep or it’s on the login screen, Logitech Flow does not work. Why does that happen?
Logitech Flow relies on your network connection to automatically find other computers during setup, switch between computers, and transfer content across them. Depending on your computer settings, your network connection is disabled while your computer is asleep and Flow might not be running. To use Flow, make sure your computer is awake, you’re logged in and the network connection is established.
I transfer certain files but I'm unable to open them on my other computer?
Logitech Flow can transfer text, images, and files across computers using the clipboard. This means you can copy content from one machine, switch to another computer and paste the file. If you don’t have an application that can open that file it might not be recognized by your operating system.
I have a keyboard paired to both computers but I don’t see my keyboard as an option on the drop-down list, what should I do?
If you still continue to have issues, try restarting both computers and enabling the Keyboard link on Options+.
- Make sure that you have a Logitech Flow supported keyboard.
- Make sure that the keyboard shows up in Options+ on all your computers. Try switching between the computers using the Easy-Switch key and restarting Options+ to make sure it’s connected. If you still continue to have issues, try restarting both computers.