If you have plugged into a 3.5mm or USB port, and even after several minutes the device is not recognized in the system or not showing up in your applications, please try the following to ensure whether it is a connection issue rather than problems with your hardware:
- Check your setup: Is the connection plugged in securely and correctly?
- Try a different 3.5mm or USB port: Sometimes a 3.5mm or USB port on your system may have an issue.
- Try a different device : Does the earbud work fine on another system?
- If connected through an adapter or USB hub, try plugging directly into a 3.5mm or USB port: Some external hubs or extenders may not have adequate power or specifications to support your device.
- Try to reboot your device
- Open Device Manager to check that the driver is properly installed
- To access Device Manager:
- Click the Windows Start icon > Type “Device Manager” in the search bar
- In Device Manager click Sound, video and game controllers and confirm if Zone Wired Earbuds is listed.
- If your headset is not listed - Check if Windows Update is enabled
- Windows Update is a Microsoft Service that automatically downloads and installs updates over the internet to the operating system.
- To check the Windows Update settings:
- Click the Windows Start icon > Type "Windows Update" in the search field - Ensure Windows Update is enabled.
NOTE: Windows Update settings may be controlled by the Administrator of your system if you work in a professional or corporate environment - You may need to contact your IT department for help.
- Select the Apple icon at the top left of the screen.
- Select About this Mac in the drop-down menu, and then System Report in the pop-up box.
- In the System Report, if the headset is properly recognized, it will be listed under Audio as Zone Wired Earbuds.
Note that there could be compatibility issues depending on the device models. If your earbud is still not recognized and you've tried the steps at the top of this article, please reach out to us by clicking here.