This feature on Logi Options allows you to backup the settings of your Options supported device automatically to the cloud after creating an account. If you are planning to use your device on a new computer or wish to go back to your old settings on the same computer, log into your Options account on that computer and fetch the settings you want from a backup to setup your device and get going.
HOW IT WORKS
When you are logged into Logitech Options with a verified account, your device settings are automatically backed up to our cloud by default. You can manage the settings and the backups from the Backups tab under More settings of your device (as shown in the screenshots below):
Manage settings and backups by clicking on More>Backups.
- AUTOMATIC BACKUP OF SETTINGS - If the ‘Automatically create backups of settings for all devices’ checkbox is enabled, any settings you have or modify for all of your devices on that computer are backed up to the cloud automatically. The checkbox is enabled by default. You can disable it if you don’t want the settings for your devices to be backed up automatically.
- ‘CREATE A BACKUP NOW’ button - This button allows you to backup your current device settings yourself, if you need to fetch them later.
- ‘RESTORE SETTINGS FROM BACKUP’ button - This button lets you view and restore all the available backups you have for that device that are compatible with that computer, as shown above.
The settings for a device are backed up for every computer that you have your device connected to and have Logitech Options that you are logged into. Every time you make some modifications to your device settings, they get backed up with that computer name. The backups can be differentiated based on the following:
- Name of the computer. (Eg. John’s Work Laptop)
- Make and/or model of the computer. (Eg. Dell Inc., Macbook Pro (13-inch) etc.)
- The time when the backup was made.
The desired settings can then be selected and restored accordingly.
WHAT SETTINGS GET BACKED UP
- Configuration of all the buttons of your mouse
- Configuration of all the keys of your keyboard
- Point & Scroll settings of your mouse
- Any application-specific settings of your device
WHAT SETTINGS ARE NOT BACKED UP
- Flow settings
- Options app settings
- The device settings aren’t compatible between Windows and Mac operating systems. So, the settings from Windows operating system cannot be applied to a computer with the Mac operating system and vice versa.
- There are some features that are available only on certain versions of Windows operating system. For example, triggering Cortana through a mouse button press is a feature available only on Windows 10 and not on Windows 7 and 8 as Cortana is not available on those operating systems. In such cases, those features cannot be applied on the unsupported operating systems.