If you are having difficulty establishing a connection between two computers for Flow, follow these steps:
- Check both systems are connected to the internet:
- On each computer, open a web browser and check the internet connection by navigating to a webpage.
- Check that both computers are connected to the same network:
- Open the Terminal: For Mac, open your Applications folder, then open the Utilities folder. Open the Terminal application.
- In the Terminal, type: Ifconfig
- Check and note the IP address and Subnet mask. Make sure that both systems are in the same Subnet.
- Ping the systems by IP address and make sure that ping works:
- Open the Terminal and type ping <IP address> [Where the <IP address is the IP address of the other computer noted in Step 2 above]
- Check that the Firewall and Ports are correct:
Ports used for Flow:
TCP 59866 UDP 59867,59868
- Open the Terminal and type the following cmd to show the ports in use: > sudo lsof +c15 | grep IPv4
- This is the expected result when Flow is using the default ports:
NOTE: Normally Flow uses the default ports but if those ports are already in use by another application Flow might use other ports.
- Check that the Logitech Options Daemon is added automatically when Flow is enabled:
- Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy
- In Security & Privacy go to the Firewall tab. Make sure the Firewall is on, then click on Firewall Options. (NOTE: You may have to click the lock in the bottom left corner to make changes which will prompt you to enter the account password.)
- This is the expected result: The two "Automatically allow" options are checked by default. The "Logitech Options Daemon" in the list box is added automatically when Flow is enabled.
- If Logitech Options Daemon is not there, try the following:
- Uninstall Logitech Options
- Reboot your Mac
- Install Logitech Options again
- Disable Antivirus and reinstall:
- Try disabling your Antivirus program first, then reinstall Logitech Options.
- Once Flow is working, re-enable your Antivirus program.
Compatible Antivirus Programs
|Antivirus Program||Flow discovery & Flow|