This section describes how to collect the log files for the following issues:
- Collect event logs for Logitech Mice and Keyboards
- To collect UI events from Logitech Options
Use the following steps to enable logging in the Logitech Options software:
- Launch Logitech Options.
- Press and hold the Ctrl + Shift buttons down and click on More / More Settings.
- In the More settings window, click Logging and then click ENABLE to enable logging.
- Reproduce the issue on the computer.
- Go back to Logitech Options software, and under More > Logging, click SAVE to save the logs.
Log files are saved on Desktop in this format: LogitechOptionsLogs_date_time.zip
- Send the log file in the support ticket.
This section describes how to collect log files for the following installation issues:
Follow these instructions only if you have been instructed to do so by Logitech customer care
- Logitech Options has a black screen
- Logitech Options is stuck on scanning
- Logitech Options doesn’t allow you to enable or collect logs within the application
- Make sure the Logitech Options application is installed and running.
Download and then double-click LogiOptions_Enable_Logging.reg. This file enables log collection in Logitech Options.
NOTE: If you’re prompted for approval to run the application, click Run and then click Yes.
- Restart your computer.
- Download Debugview++.exe and open it.
- Open Task Manager and click on Logi Options — right-click and then click on End Task. Also, perform End Task for Logi Options.exe and Logi OptionsMgr.exe (If available).
- Launch Options software and perform the steps to replicate the error.
- In DebugView++, save the log file — click File > Save Log.
Download the Logitech log tool (get_options_log.bat) and then double-click the file to run it. This should create a folder called “LogiOptionsLog_<Your Computer Name here>” on the desktop.
NOTE: If you’re prompted for approval to run the application, click More info and then Run anyway.
- Please send us the DebugView log file (from step 7) and the LogiOptionsLog folder (from step 8) so we can review them.