Logitech SELECT is an enhanced service plan offering a range of benefits intended to help customers get their video collaboration solutions up and running quickly, minimize downtime and plan for the future. This Service Description is a contract between Customer and Logitech and is included by reference in the Logitech Terms and Conditions for Logitech Services (Professional Customers) (the “Agreement”). All capitalized terms in this description have the meaning ascribed to them in the Agreement.
How it Works
- Logitech SELECT service is provided on a room-by-room basis enabling Customers to cover as many or as few Rooms as they prefer, according to their unique business needs. Individual SELECT licenses are required for each Room for which SELECT service is required. Each purchased Service corresponds to one Select license assigned to one Room and covers the Logitech Supported Product(s) installed in such a Room.
- Upon purchase of one or more SELECT licenses, Customer will receive from Logitech an invitation to access their account in Logitech Service Portal. Customer can delegate responsibility for SELECT account activities to one or more individuals as they choose, including third party service providers. Logitech may impose reasonable limits on the number of individual users registered for Logitech Service Portal access for each Customer account.
- Assignment of SELECT licenses to individual Rooms is managed within the Logitech Service Portal and is required to receive service for a given SELECT License.
- SELECT service is provided as per the Service Term (1yr, 3yr, etc) purchased and does not extend beyond the purchased Service Term nor does the SELECT service automatically renew upon expiration of Service Term. Ongoing service per room requires ‘repurchase’ and assignment of licenses as needed.
- Post-purchase, SELECT Start Date will be the earliest of the first license assignment from an order to a specified Room within the Logitech Service Portal (if one order includes several licenses, the first license assignment from the said order will be the Start Date for all the licenses referred to in the order) or 60 days from the service order creation date by Logitech if no licenses have yet been assigned.
- For Customers using Logitech’s Sync platform, Room and Logitech Supported Product device data can be retrieved from Sync enabling easy assignment of SELECT licenses per Room. Customers not using Logitech Sync can manually enter Room information or upload room information via .csv files to enable SELECT license assignment per Room.
- SELECT service is provided for a licensed Room either via the raising of a SELECT service ticket in the Logitech Service Portal, or by accessing the appropriate feature within Logitech’s Sync platform. See details below.
- Some Logitech SELECT services such as Customer Success Manager and Onsite Spares require a minimum number of active SELECT licenses to qualify and/or are offered on a basis of one per every n active SELECT Licenses. It is the Customer’s responsibility to maintain the required number of licenses for ongoing access to related SELECT benefits. Any increase in the minimum requirements for SELECT services will apply to new SELECT Customers on a forward looking basis. Existing Customers who already meet the minimum qualification will retain access to the applicable benefits for as long as they maintain the previous minimum threshold. Should the Customer reduce their SELECT coverage such that they drop below the previous minimum threshold, the new higher threshold will then apply in order to regain access to the affected service.
- SELECT service will be provided for all Logitech Supported Products located within a Room to which an active SELECT license is assigned. The SELECT service is not tied to any particular hardware product provided that these are Logitech Supported Products and Customers can move their Logitech Supported Products between Rooms as necessary, with the SELECT service remaining associated with the Room. Moving Logitech Supported Products between Rooms in order to access SELECT service benefits for more Rooms than Customer has purchased licenses for will be a misuse of the service according to section 8.2 of the Agreement.
- For customers in Australia, Logitech’s products and services may come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. Nothing in this Logitech SELECT Service Description modifies, limits or excludes any rights or remedies that cannot be modified, limited or excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.
- Solution-Level Technical Support
- Support services are available 24x7x365 in English
- Support services (voice) are available from Monday to Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm CET in German and French
- Support services are provided in response to Customer-created tickets using the Logitech Service Portal. Support tickets require the Selection of a Room with an active SELECT license.
- All tickets will receive an initial qualified, non-automated response from a SELECT support specialist within a maximum of 1hr. Follow up communications will be provided at appropriate intervals depending on the issue.
- Following initial ticket creation via the Logitech Service Portal, communication will be provided via phone or email, as preferred by Customer.
- Solution-level support is provided for all supported Logitech hardware and software as well as third party hardware and software included as part of the Logitech Supported Product, including Windows and Android environments as well as Microsoft Teams and Zoom applications.
- Support tickets close automatically when no response has been received from the Customer after 3 active communication attempts within 72 hours.
- Product Replacement
- For the duration of the SELECT Service Term for a given Room, all Supported Logitech Products (hardware) in that Room will be eligible for replacement in the event of a Defect subject to a valid warranty claim. For clarity, a valid warranty claim expressly excludes any problems or damage resulting from (1) accident, abuse, misapplication, or any unauthorized repair, modification or disassembly; (2) improper operation or maintenance, usage not in accordance with product instructions or connection to improper voltage supply; (3) use of consumables, such as replacement batteries, not supplied by Logitech except where such restriction is prohibited by applicable law; (4) lost parts that were originally supplied with the Logitech hardware product; (5) non-Logitech branded parts and accessories even if sold with the Logitech hardware product; (6) non-Logitech services that may be accessed or controlled with a Logitech hardware product; or (7) normal wear and tear. Bundled Products and Third Party Products are not eligible for Product Replacement, including the Advanced RMA service levels and their replacement is subject to the relevant third party vendor replacement policies, operations and own service levels.
- The serial numbers (S/N’s) of the Supported Logitech Products must be registered to the Room with the SELECT license. Customer shall enter the S/Ns of the key devices present in the Room for video conferencing purposes, such as the main camera device (e.g. Rally camera), Rally Bar, the Tap controller, Swytch, Scribe. S/Ns for peripheral devices such as Mic Pod accessories or power adapters do not need to be registered.
- The Product Replacement benefits under Logitech SELECT are limited as following:
- The Logitech Supported Product in question must be less than 5yrs old, from the original date of purchase at the point when a claim for product replacement is made. No Product Replacement benefits are available after 5yrs from the original date of purchase regardless of the remaining Service Term.
- At the time the Logitech Supported Product is registered to the Room with the SELECT license (or conversely the SELECT license is assigned to a Room with registered Logitech Supported Products), the Logitech Supported Product must be under an active warranty - (e.g. either the original warranty period for the Supported Product, a Logitech Extended Warranty or a prior Logitech SELECT Service Term. Any gap in warranty coverage cannot be corrected or reinstated by the SELECT license
- Advanced RMA for Logitech Supported Products
- Logitech will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide Customer with the Advanced RMA service during the Service Term in countries where available for Logitech Supported Products registered to the Room with an active SELECT service.
- Advanced RMA service is subject to geographic and other restrictions depending on Customer’s location. Please refer to the enclosed link for more details by country.
- 8x5xNext Business Day: Where Next Business Day Delivery is available, an Advanced RMA will ship to be delivered to Customer Site the next Business Day provided that Logitech’s determination of Advanced RMA entitlement has been made before the daily cut off time at the applicable warehouse, from Monday to Friday, excluding applicable public holidays. If Customer makes a request after the applicable daily cut off, Logitech will ship the Advanced RMA unit the next business day.
- Where Next Business Day Delivery is not available, same day shipping will be provided. Under same day shipping, Advanced Replacement will ship from the applicable warehouse that same business day, provided that Logitech’s determination of Advanced RMA entitlement has been made before the daily cut off time at the applicable warehouse. If Customer makes a request after the applicable daily cut off, Logitech will ship the Advanced RMA unit the next business day.
- Actual delivery times are conditioned to the requirements of the destination country, export controls compliance and customs processes. Delivery times may be subject to events beyond Logitech control, such as weather conditions, disruption in transportation network (as operated by courier companies), compliance with export controls and customs processes, customs delays or any other variables and factors beyond Logitech control. Logitech makes no guarantee of 'next business day' delivery or other delivery times in case such a variable or factor occurs. In particular, Logitech cannot take responsibility for delays incurred by courier companies. Any problems of this nature should be reported to Logitech and Logitech will take all steps it can to resolve delivery problems.
- Shipments will be DAP (Incoterms 2020), using Logitech’s preferred carrier, except that Logitech will pay for all import duties and taxes. There may be cases where Logitech will ship the hardware replacement under different shipping terms to comply with international trade requirements.
- Advanced RMA performance does not apply to Bundled Products sold as part of a Logitech Supported Product.
- Customer Success Manager
- For Customers with minimum 50 active SELECT licenses, a Customer Success Manager (CSM) will be assigned to further facilitate Customer requests, ensure proper visibility and priority is assigned to Customer issues and provide VC solution-level guidance beyond technical support.
- Customers will be able to contact their assigned CSM during normal business hours, as determined by the CSM and Customer representatives.
- Customers are required to maintain the minimum number of active SELECT licenses to maintain access to their CSM.
- Onsite Spares
- For Customers with a minimum 50 SELECT licenses, Logitech will provide spare hardware units matching the Logitech Supported Products currently deployed by the Customer at the rate of 1 spare unit(s) for every 50 Rooms. If Logitech hardware is part of a bundle including third party equipment (whether sold as a Logitech branded bundle or other) only the Logitech equipment will be provided as onsite spares and Third Party Bundled Products as well as Other Third Party Product are excluded from Onsite Spares.
- Onsite spares can be kept at a location of the Customer’s choosing enabling potential same-day replacement of failed HW.
- Selection of onsite spares that matches the Customer’s current Logitech Supported Products deployment will be facilitated by the CSM assigned to the Customer account. When multiple onsite spares are provided (based on multiples of 50 SELECT licenses purchased) the spare units provided will best match the mix of Logitech Supported Products deployed by the Customer.
- Delivery of onsite spares to the chosen Customer site will happen no sooner than 30 days after the purchase of the requisite SELECT contracts.
- Customers are responsible for maintaining onsite spares and ensuring they are available and ready for deployment when needed. Logitech recommends Customers keep onsite spares updated with latest firmware to minimize downtime and enable the fastest possible deployment.
- When onsite spares are used to replace failed HW, warranty replacement of the original failed unit is still honored, with the replacement serving the role of the new onsite spare. If over time, the Logitech Supported Products deployed by the Customer evolves such that the previously granted onsite spares are no longer the best match for the latest deployed Logitech Supported Products, Logitech may, in its sole discretion, replace the onsite spares with later model of Logitech Supported Products best matching what is deployed by the Customer.
- Should the Customer deploy only a portion of the onsite spare (eg power adaptor, mic pod, etc) Logitech shall replace that part such that the onsite spare kit is ‘made whole’.
- After deploying an onsite spare to replace a suspected product failure, Logitech will follow standard troubleshooting steps to confirm RMA eligibility of the original product.
- Onsite spares are a one-time benefit, allocated upon the initial purchase of the required number of SELECT licenses. Renewal of SELECT licenses does not trigger further allocation of onsite spares.
- Onsite spares are provided for the sole purpose of fast replacement in the event of hardware failure and not to outfit new rooms. Logitech expects Customers to act in good faith to deploy onsite spares as replacements for Defective Logitech Supported Products only.
- After deployment of onsite spares, the deployed spare will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period, as extended as the case may be, or thirty (30) days, whichever is longer.
- Sync Insights
- Within the Logitech Sync device management portal, Insights reports real-time and historical usage and occupancy for meeting rooms and Logitech devices.
- Sync Insights are available for all rooms to which an active SELECT license is assigned. Removal of the SELECT license from a room (such as when the SELECT license expires or is transferred to a different room, etc) will disable access to Insights for that room until an active SELECT license is (re)assigned to that room.
- Assignment of SELECT Licenses to individual rooms is managed in the Logitech Service Portal.
- Sync Alerts
- Within the Logitech Sync device management portal, real-time alerts for a variety of room and device statuses are possible via email and/or integration with ServiceNow. In the case of ServiceNow, Customer is responsible for maintaining active license to the ServiceNow platform and for the creation and maintenance of related workflows.
- Sync Alerts are available for all rooms to which an active SELECT license is assigned. Removal of the SELECT license from a room (such as when the SELECT license expires or is transferred to a different room, etc) will disable Alerts (via email and/or ServiceNow as applicable) for that room until an active SELECT license is (re)assigned to that room.
- Assignment of SELECT Licenses to individual rooms is managed in the Logitech Service Portal.
SYNC is a web based service within Logitech’s SYNC Device Management platform (“SYNC PLUS”) and is subject to the separate Terms of Services provided upon download of the SYNC web application (“SYNC Terms of Service”).
Scope of Support
- Covered Countries: see separate countries information table.
- Logitech SELECT service is provided for the following list of Logitech Supported Products:
- Rally Bar
- Rally Bar Mini
- Rally Plus
- Rally Camera
- Logitech Room Solutions for Microsoft Teams
- Logitech for Microsoft Teams Rooms on Android
- Logitech Room Solutions for PC-Based Zoom Rooms
- Logitech for Zoom Room Appliances
- Logitech Accessories such as desk mounts, Strong USB cables, etc
- Logitech Sync Software
- Logitech CollabOS Software
- Support for third party software included in the Logitech Supported Products (see above) includes assistance in applying the latest software patches and configuration settings.
- In scenarios where third party software issues cannot be completely resolved by Logitech, Customer will have to initiate contact with the appropriate third party software vendor and Logitech will, at the Customer’s request, assist the Customer in its communication with the vendor in order to obtain third party service or support.
- Logitech does not guarantee that any or all issues related to third party software vendors can be resolved to the Customer’s satisfaction.
- As Logitech’s product catalog evolves, new products will be added to this list of Logitech Supported Products and older products may be removed at Logitech’s discretion. Any devices removed from the list will continue to be supported for all existing SELECT contracts during their Term.
- For other Logitech products not in this list or any third party products not included in a Logitech bundle, support may be provided on a best-effort basis however no commitments are made regarding response times, issue resolution or product replacement.
- The services are provided in English language for 24x7. Additional language support is provided via a combination of in-house support agents and translation services.
Country Specific Requirements for Product Replacement Claims:
India - proof of purchase to be produced for product replacement claims
Customers claiming Product Replacement units to be shipped to an Indian address will be required to provide written proof of purchase for the original Logitech Supported Product.
Provision of Customer Tax Registration Number
For a specific subset of countries, Logitech may require Customer to provide their Customer Tax Registration Number as part of the advanced RMA process to support Importer of Record requirements at Customs.
These countries include:
- South Africa